Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ending In A New Beginning ( Gallery's Last Day )

What I learned about the gallery was a lot about the people who attended. Sharing the visions & passion was surreal. I never got into art...its always just been a part of my existence. This collection accumulated over years of expression was never really intended for the public. To my surprise, my wife put it all together with a solid team of family & friends. I am beyond thankful towards & for her. Seeing the appreciation for the art gave me a strong surge of inspiration. It really is hard to keep up with it all. As the gallery comes to an end this Saturday I'm torn between sadness & excitement. Sad to let part of my collection go to new owners yet excited for the joy it will bring to them. To be appreciated at that level is beyond words. There are two sides to me
- The compassionate human
- That infinite artist
Living in this body is limiting to the spirit inside - like this enormous dragon in a little body. This is why I take care of it....to prolong my existence in order to share my freedom, joy & passion with everyone. That energy of open mindedness we all bonded over was worth it all. The conversations transcended beyond how we were taught to think. It is spiritually empowering
& liberating... a personal enlightening of our spirits that no book can ever teach.

What's in the future?
Because my ideas are coming out crazy fast, I have a great set of similar yet different art. It will all have those characteristics which appeared to get guests talking about certain pieces. My new direction will be like a "best of MP Exhibit" with totally new & fresh subjects. I will also do a limited run of a successful series with a twist so like I said...it is going to get good.

If anyone would like me to do a personal showing...contact me.

Otherwise....come down to the last exhibit date Saturday August 3rd from 2 - 4pm. Deals on the "Legill Alien" series & sculptures. Look...I want everyone to take something that they like home while I am still alive so - why not now? :o)

Meanwhile, I look forward ......

No comments: